When did rasfwrj die?
Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
2009-02-15 19:35:37 UTC
I just looked at the WoT FAQ
(http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/0_admin/0.01_intro.html) and it says
this group is dead. A not so freqently asked question: when did it
die? How am I posting to it if it is so dead? Can anyone else who
has seen this comment explain it to me?

Thanks,
Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson -- http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj
CB #3280, Coker Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280
Brinner
2009-02-16 03:43:43 UTC
On Feb 15, 7:35 pm, "Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>"
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
I just looked at the WoT FAQ
(http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/0_admin/0.01_intro.html) and it says
this group is dead.  A not so freqently asked question: when did it
die?  How am I posting to it if it is so dead?  Can anyone else who
has seen this comment explain it to me?
Thanks,
Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson --http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj
CB #3280, Coker Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280
The groups is dead insofar as there is next zero intelligent WOT
related discussion going on here and all the old regulars have
abandoned it.

Brinner
Galad Damodred
2009-02-19 01:19:45 UTC
Speak for yourself Brinbitch. I'm making some very useful posts.
bruce
2009-02-17 02:53:30 UTC
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
I just looked at the WoT FAQ
(http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/0_admin/0.01_intro.html) and it says
this group is dead. A not so freqently asked question: when did it
die? How am I posting to it if it is so dead? Can anyone else who
has seen this comment explain it to me?
So far as the FAQ compiler and contributors are concerned, it is dead. Those
sissies all migrated to livejournal, the ultimate killfile, where they can
delete all the replies they don't like.

Now the group is much more newbie-friendly, if only we had more newbies..
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
Thanks,
Anytime.
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://geocities.com/mortarn
---
Joscr Mcsyd, Drosubaru of Paracetamol
Jesusfreak Father of forty dogs
Zebra bastard zebra zebra zebra zebra fucker
---
http://www.rewardscentral.com.au/Join/Default.aspx?refer=mortarn
Be rewarded! Join RewardsCentral today!
---
'Usenet is not a nice place.' -Jennifer Winters
'I'm not a "nice" person' -John S. Novak, III
'"nice" is not at the top of my priority list.' -Rimrunner
'I'm not nice, and I don't read groups that are.' -Roy G. Ovrebo
---
"First learn computer science and all the theory. Next develop a programming
style. Then forget all that and just hack."
-- George Carrette
Brinner

Brinner
i***@aol.com
2009-02-17 16:39:22 UTC
On Feb 15, 1:35 pm, "Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>"
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
I just looked at the WoT FAQ
(http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/0_admin/0.01_intro.html) and it says
this group is dead.  A not so freqently asked question: when did it
die?  How am I posting to it if it is so dead?  Can anyone else who
has seen this comment explain it to me?
Thanks,
Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson --http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj
CB #3280, Coker Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280
RJ himself killed interest in the group with the progressive unedited
mediocrity of his last few books. The length of time between volumes
was also a factor. WH came out in 2000, COT in 2002, then KOD in
posts, just about done in by Crossroads of Twilight. And please
recall how bad COT was. Knife of Dreams was an improvement but didn't
even reach the level of Lord of Chaos, and certainly didn't merit a 4
year hiatus.

Internet fantasy archeologists will have field day using WOT as an
object lesson to aspiring writers. All I have left is a memory of how
badly I wanted each book to come out
between TGH and LOC, and how little I could care after that.

Matt
tony
2009-02-17 23:31:48 UTC
Post by i***@aol.com
[...]
It would have been a great 6 book series. What we have instead is a
mediocre 12 books, with glimpses of greatness (mostly in the first 4
volumes).

I hope Sanderson can do a rousing finale to the thing.
Tony
2009-02-17 23:47:44 UTC
Post by tony
I hope Sanderson can do a rousing finale to the thing.
Unless it involves machine guns, carnage, and a 200 page epilogue
explaining all the shit that never got explained, it'll not be worth it.
--
Tony Evans
Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993
[ anything below this line wasn't written by me ]
Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
2009-02-18 15:26:37 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by tony
I hope Sanderson can do a rousing finale to the thing.
Unless it involves machine guns, carnage, and a 200 page epilogue
explaining all the shit that never got explained, it'll not be worth it.
====================SATIRE====================

Yeah, there better be some boobs, and some explosions...oh wait, all
the other books have that stuff. Nevermind.

====================SATIRE====================

Seriously now, why are you people spending so much time telling me how
much you hate Robert Jordan and his books? Do you feel he wronged you
somehow?

Should I read Harry Potter just so I can go about the web telling
everybody how childish the books are and go about calling JK Rowling a
money-grubbing hack? I think I have better things to do. What I'm
getting at is that it's hard to believe we're reading the same books.

Joel
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280
Tony
2009-02-19 08:14:33 UTC
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
Seriously now, why are you people spending so much time telling me how
much you hate Robert Jordan and his books?
I'm not telling you anything.
Chucky & Janica
2009-02-22 17:55:50 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, 18 Feb 2009 10:26:37 -0500 - there was
this guy, or something, called "Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>"
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
Seriously now, why are you people spending so much time telling me how
much you hate Robert Jordan and his books?
I think for the most part I spend my time telling people how much I
liked his books, and how much I admired him. Seriously. I have always
hoped, and still hope, that he will be remembered as the author that
had me reading fantasy books when I should have been paying attention
in class.

Bastard teacher took Lord of Chaos off me in Geography class, and I
had to sneak into his office to steal it back at lunch time. That was
about the third most daring thing I ever did in school, and the only
one I actually planned in advance.
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
Do you feel he wronged you
somehow?
Well, there was the one time at a convention, when I asked him why the
women in his books folded their arms under their breasts and whether
Moridin was really Ishamael, and he got his security guards to hold me
down while he gave me a wedgie.

But I moved past it.
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
Should I read Harry Potter just so I can go about the web telling
everybody how childish the books are and go about calling JK Rowling a
money-grubbing hack?
You can. I don't know how much of a money-grubbing hack she is though.
She told a story, and it was in the right genre at the right time and
it made a buttload of money. Can't fault her for that.

The ending where they were all married, you can blame her for that ...
but she had a lousy marriage herself. So again, can't blame her. It
was a happy ending.

But still, you can.
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
I think I have better things to do.
And I'm willing to take your word for it. Although you obviously have
a *bit* of spare time, because here you are, making posts to a dead
group with no clear aim that I can see, short of discussion for
discussion's sake.
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
What I'm
getting at is that it's hard to believe we're reading the same books.
I've been thinking that for about 12 years now.

C&J
--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Ilya the Recusant
2009-04-06 08:38:36 UTC
In a not so bright galaxy nowhere near intelligent space, Chucky &
Post by Chucky & Janica
[...]
Has it really been 12 years now? When did you start reading them? I
got sucked in around 1998. Which makes it...Fuck me. 11 years now.

Anyway. If people can get the energy to post their hatred, they're
going to have to justify their hatred when TGS comes out in November,
right? Or they'll just post posts about how much it must obviously
suck without having read it.

But everyone else wins. More WoT books? OK!
Post by Chucky & Janica
C&J
Ilya the Recusant
-----------------
"Asshole" has a special place in my childhood, the point at which I
first learned that typical Americans were assholes.
- C&J
----
http://ohilya.livejournal.com/
Chucky & Janica
2009-04-14 14:55:53 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:38:36 +1000 -
there was this guy, or something, called Ilya the Recusant
Post by Ilya the Recusant
Post by Chucky & Janica
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
What I'm
getting at is that it's hard to believe we're reading the same books.
I've been thinking that for about 12 years now.
Has it really been 12 years now? When did you start reading them? I
got sucked in around 1998. Which makes it...Fuck me. 11 years now.
I started in 95. So ... fourteen years, not twelve. Hm, that's a
little under half of my life so far. So, it could be worse.

It gets worse as time goes by, of course. In two years, I will have
been reading them for sixteen, and that's when it gets sad.
Post by Ilya the Recusant
Anyway. If people can get the energy to post their hatred, they're
going to have to justify their hatred when TGS comes out in November,
right? Or they'll just post posts about how much it must obviously
suck without having read it.
But everyone else wins. More WoT books? OK!
I'll have the energy by then. If indeed the book comes out by
November. Which I will believe when I see.

C&J

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Chucky & Janica
2009-02-22 17:48:46 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:47:44 +0000 -
Post by Tony
Post by tony
I hope Sanderson can do a rousing finale to the thing.
Unless it involves machine guns, carnage, and a 200 page epilogue
explaining all the shit that never got explained, it'll not be worth it.
And also monkeys.

A monkey with a machine gun kills Rand seconds before the Final Battle
with the Dark One, and the universe is remade in the monkey's image
and then Charlton Heston turns up and looks direct to camera and says,
"that's all, folks."

C&J

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
i***@aol.com
2009-02-22 21:42:52 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by tony
I hope Sanderson can do a rousing finale to the thing.
Unless it involves machine guns, carnage, and a 200 page epilogue
explaining all the shit that never got explained, it'll not be worth it.
And also monkeys.
A monkey with a machine gun kills Rand seconds before the Final Battle
with the Dark One, and the universe is remade in the monkey's image
and then Charlton Heston turns up and looks direct to camera and says,
"that's all, folks."
C&J
--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.
� � �- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
� � �-www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
don't forget the weevils

Matt
Galad Damodred
2009-02-19 01:21:16 UTC
It would have been a great 6 book series.  What we have instead is a
mediocre 12 books, with glimpses of greatness (mostly in the first 4
volumes).
I hope Sanderson can do a rousing finale to the thing.
The first 4 books were easily the best I've ready in any series. Just
superb. 5 and 6 or pretty good as well. 7 I could handle. 8 onwards
almost killed me. :-(
vecki
2009-02-19 01:58:30 UTC
Post by Galad Damodred
The first 4 books were easily the best I've ready in any series. Just
superb. 5 and 6 or pretty good as well. 7 I could handle. 8 onwards
almost killed me. :-(
The 'almost' is such a pity. :-P

Its scary how much I almost agree with you here. First 4 were
awesome. 5 was ok, with the exception of Nyn and El's excellent
circus adventure, 6 was great. 7 was the start of the rot, 8-10 were
abysmal, but 11 was starting to pull the standard back up.

~*~
vecki
Galad Damodred
2009-02-19 02:52:31 UTC
Post by vecki
The 'almost' is such a pity. :-P
You'd be so lucky! ;-)
Agreed. OMG! I agree with you!
Chucky & Janica
2009-02-22 17:57:52 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:58:30 -0800 (PST)
- there was this guy, or something, called vecki
Post by vecki
Post by Galad Damodred
The first 4 books were easily the best I've ready in any series. Just
superb. 5 and 6 or pretty good as well. 7 I could handle. 8 onwards
almost killed me. :-(
The 'almost' is such a pity. :-P
Its scary how much I almost agree with you here. First 4 were
awesome. 5 was ok, with the exception of Nyn and El's excellent
circus adventure
In my re-write, the circus adventure was a lot more fun because people
had sex with the animals.

C&J

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
2009-02-18 15:23:32 UTC
Post by tony
It would have been a great 6 book series. What we have instead is a
mediocre 12 books, with glimpses of greatness (mostly in the first 4
volumes).
Really? All of them are mediocre? I guess I really love mediocre
books then. What kept you reading? Were you just holding out hope
that the seventh book wouldn't be mediocre?

Joel
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280
Tony
2009-02-19 08:17:00 UTC
Post by tony
It would have been a great 6 book series. What we have instead is a
mediocre 12 books, with glimpses of greatness (mostly in the first 4
volumes).
Really? All of them are mediocre? I guess I really love mediocre
books then. What kept you reading? Were you just holding out hope
that the seventh book wouldn't be mediocre?
It's possible to both want to know what happens and think the books are
crap. It's possible to be interested in the characters, world and
outcome while thinking the execution of the actual writing is getting worse.
Chucky & Janica
2009-02-22 17:56:46 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, 18 Feb 2009 10:23:32 -0500 - there was
this guy, or something, called "Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>"
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
What kept you reading? Were you just holding out hope
that the seventh book wouldn't be mediocre?

Basically.

C&J

What? I'm hardly going to keep reading in the hope that the next book
will be as mediocre, if not mediocrer than the one before, am I?

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Chucky & Janica
2009-02-22 17:47:16 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:39:22 -0800 (PST)
Post by i***@aol.com
Internet fantasy archeologists will have field day using WOT as an
object lesson to aspiring writers. All I have left is a memory of how
badly I wanted each book to come out
*sigh*

Yeah. Those were the days.

C&J

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Ilya the Recusant
2009-04-06 08:41:45 UTC
Post by i***@aol.com
Internet fantasy archeologists will have field day using WOT as an
object lesson to aspiring writers. All I have left is a memory of how
badly I wanted each book to come out
*sigh*
Yeah. Those were the days.
Were?
Post by Chucky & Janica
C&J
Ilya the Recusant
-----------------
Chucky & Janica
2009-04-14 14:57:03 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:41:45 +1000 -
Post by Chucky & Janica
Post by i***@aol.com
Internet fantasy archeologists will have field day using WOT as an
object lesson to aspiring writers. All I have left is a memory of how
badly I wanted each book to come out
*sigh*
Yeah. Those were the days.
Were?
Discover the past tense.

I don't look forward to them anymore. There was a time when I had to
know what was going to happen in the next book, and waiting was
unbearable. But not anymore.

Were.

C&J

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Ilya the Recusant
2009-04-17 06:45:10 UTC
Post by Chucky & Janica
Post by i***@aol.com
Internet fantasy archeologists will have field day using WOT as an
object lesson to aspiring writers. All I have left is a memory of how
badly I wanted each book to come out
*sigh*
Yeah. Those were the days.
Were?
Discover the past tense.
I don't look forward to them anymore. There was a time when I had to
know what was going to happen in the next book, and waiting was
unbearable. But not anymore.
Were.
But...don't you want to know...how it'll all end?!
Post by Chucky & Janica
C&J
Ilya the Recusant
-----------------
Chucky & Janica
2009-04-26 16:27:37 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, Fri, 17 Apr 2009 16:45:10 +1000 -
Post by Ilya the Recusant
Post by Chucky & Janica
Post by Chucky & Janica
Post by i***@aol.com
Internet fantasy archeologists will have field day using WOT as an
object lesson to aspiring writers. All I have left is a memory of how
badly I wanted each book to come out
*sigh*
Yeah. Those were the days.
Were?
Discover the past tense.
I don't look forward to them anymore. There was a time when I had to
know what was going to happen in the next book, and waiting was
unbearable. But not anymore.
Were.
But...don't you want to know...how it'll all end?!
Not so much that I want the book to come out as keenly and as eagerly
as I used to back in the good old days. See, it's been years since the
last one and back in the good old days, that would have been
unbearable. Now, it's just a case of "yeah, it'll be nice to know,
sometime."

Hence, past tense.

C&J

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Ilya the Recusant
2009-04-27 11:14:52 UTC
Post by Ilya the Recusant
Post by Chucky & Janica
Post by Chucky & Janica
Post by i***@aol.com
[...]
Fair cop. Am hoping to rediscover that burning urgency during The
Great Re-read.
Post by Chucky & Janica
C&J
Ilya the Recusant
-----------------
Chucky & Janica
2009-05-01 19:19:31 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:14:52 +1000 -
Post by Ilya the Recusant
Post by Chucky & Janica
Hence, past tense.
Fair cop. Am hoping to rediscover that burning urgency during The
Great Re-read.
It'd be nice to experience. Maybe looking at the whole series again
before getting to the final book will make it like it was before.
Although, now we're not getting a final book. More like a final two or
three books. So we have plenty of time for that re-read.

C&J

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Ilya the Recusant
2009-05-05 09:10:40 UTC
Post by Ilya the Recusant
Post by Chucky & Janica
Hence, past tense.
Fair cop. Am hoping to rediscover that burning urgency during The
Great Re-read.
It'd be nice to experience. Maybe looking at the whole series again
before getting to the final book will make it like it was before.
Although, now we're not getting a final book. More like a final two or
three books. So we have plenty of time for that re-read.
There is that. But I'd worry that the reread would falter once the
last three books are out, due to my saying "Well fuck that, I kinda
remember what happened in the last 11 books, so I'll just skip it and
read the new ones."
Post by Chucky & Janica
C&J
Ilya the Recusant
-----------------
Chucky & Janica
2009-05-10 17:52:47 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, Tue, 05 May 2009 19:10:40 +1000 -
Post by Ilya the Recusant
Post by Chucky & Janica
It'd be nice to experience. Maybe looking at the whole series again
before getting to the final book will make it like it was before.
Although, now we're not getting a final book. More like a final two or
three books. So we have plenty of time for that re-read.
There is that. But I'd worry that the reread would falter once the
last three books are out, due to my saying "Well fuck that, I kinda
remember what happened in the last 11 books, so I'll just skip it and
read the new ones."
Well, I think we all knew that was exactly what you'd do.

C&J

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Lara Beaton
2009-02-18 19:06:14 UTC
On Feb 15, 11:35 am, "Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>"
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
I just looked at the WoT FAQ
(http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/0_admin/0.01_intro.html) and it says
this group is dead.  A not so freqently asked question: when did it
die?  How am I posting to it if it is so dead?  Can anyone else who
has seen this comment explain it to me?
At one point, waaaaaaay back in the mists of time, this newsgroup used
to get 900+ posts every day, even between books. Right after a book
was released, it went way higher than that.

Now, if it gets 5 posts a day, that is a high point. Relatively
speaking, this group *is* dead.

--
Lara Beaton
"There is verifiable DNA residue on my copies of the books that most
exception of California." - Mark Loy
Michael Ikeda
2009-02-18 22:53:14 UTC
Post by Lara Beaton
On Feb 15, 11:35 am, "Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>"
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
I just looked at the WoT FAQ
(http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/0_admin/0.01_intro.html) and
when did it die?  How am I posting to it if it is so dead?  Can
anyone else who has seen this comment explain it to me?
At one point, waaaaaaay back in the mists of time, this
newsgroup used to get 900+ posts every day, even between books.
Right after a book was released, it went way higher than that.
Now, if it gets 5 posts a day, that is a high point. Relatively
speaking, this group *is* dead.
Although it did briefly become undead for a while shortly after RJ
died. The same may happen when the next (last?) book in the series
finally comes out.

Hopefully this won't involve shambling around yelling
brrrraaaiiinnnsssss....
--
Michael Ikeda ***@erols.com
"Telling a statistician not to use sampling is like telling an
Lynne Billard, past president American Statistical Association
i***@aol.com
2009-02-19 14:59:42 UTC
...see what happens? One Lara Beaton post, and *kpow* suddenly there
is interest again.

Matt
Michael Ikeda
2009-02-19 22:46:26 UTC
Post by i***@aol.com
...see what happens? One Lara Beaton post, and *kpow* suddenly
there is interest again.
Her powers are truly remarkable...
b***@gmail.com
2009-02-20 08:25:53 UTC
Post by Michael Ikeda
...see what happens?  One Lara Beaton post, and *kpow* suddenly
there is interest again.
Her powers are truly remarkable...
Of all the responses that came to mind when I read this, the one I
keep coming back to is -

"Excuse me, but WoT analyis is up here!"

But, if bounce is what it takes to get the froup going again, then ...
*bounce*bounce*bounce*

--
Lara Beaton
"How much Lan could a Lanfear fear if a Lanfear could fear Lan?" -
bunnythor
Hawk
2009-02-20 23:13:00 UTC
***@gmail.com <***@gmail.com> shouted:

: But, if bounce is what it takes to get the froup going again, then ...
: *bounce*bounce*bounce*

Sorry, figment-girl, but the bouncing's not helping. You might want to
add some flouncing to that.

Hawk
Breasts are not a steering wheel.
Michael Ikeda
2009-02-21 12:13:54 UTC
Post by Hawk
: But, if bounce is what it takes to get the froup going again,
: then ... *bounce*bounce*bounce*
Sorry, figment-girl, but the bouncing's not helping. You might
want to add some flouncing to that.
Or use the power of the third breast...

That IS why there are three bounces, right?
Chucky & Janica
2009-02-22 18:08:14 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, 21 Feb 2009 12:13:54 GMT - there was
Post by Michael Ikeda
Post by Hawk
: But, if bounce is what it takes to get the froup going again,
: then ... *bounce*bounce*bounce*
Sorry, figment-girl, but the bouncing's not helping. You might
want to add some flouncing to that.
Or use the power of the third breast...
That IS why there are three bounces, right?
Akpth! Blowflies!

C&J

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Chucky & Janica
2009-02-22 17:58:57 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, 18 Feb 2009 22:53:14 GMT - there was
Post by Michael Ikeda
Post by Lara Beaton
At one point, waaaaaaay back in the mists of time, this
newsgroup used to get 900+ posts every day, even between books.
Right after a book was released, it went way higher than that.
Now, if it gets 5 posts a day, that is a high point. Relatively
speaking, this group *is* dead.
Although it did briefly become undead for a while shortly after RJ
died. The same may happen when the next (last?) book in the series
finally comes out.
Hopefully this won't involve shambling around yelling
brrrraaaiiinnnsssss....
With this group's regulars? Doesn't seem worth it.

C&J

- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Frank van Schie
2009-04-17 19:31:18 UTC
On Feb 15, 11:35 am, "Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>"
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
I just looked at the WoT FAQ
(http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/0_admin/0.01_intro.html) and it says
this group is dead. A not so freqently asked question: when did it
die? How am I posting to it if it is so dead? Can anyone else who
has seen this comment explain it to me?
At one point, waaaaaaay back in the mists of time, this newsgroup used
to get 900+ posts every day, even between books. Right after a book
was released, it went way higher than that.
I remember that. It was a few years ago that I realized that I mainly
used Usenet for this group, and that this group was no longer enough to
have Usenet mentally filed as an "activity".

Coupled with the disintegration of the Tribes newsgroup
(alt.games.starsiege.tribes), I haven't actually regularly looked on
Usenet in a few years now.

I imagine that the last book will at least raise traffic slightly, which
is good. Any plans for a DFS? :)
Now, if it gets 5 posts a day, that is a high point. Relatively
speaking, this group *is* dead.
No, no, it's uh... it's resting!
Frank
Chucky & Janica
2009-02-22 17:45:37 UTC
Once upon a time - for example, 15 Feb 2009 14:35:37 -0500 - there was
this guy, or something, called "Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>"
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
A not so freqently asked question: when did it
die?
It was never alive. It was born dead, because its older twin,
alt.fan.robert-jordan, strangled it in the womb with its own umbilical
cord. It was a tragic yet strangely hilarious scene in the ultrasound
ward.

The corpse is far more dessicated now, with far less maggot activity.
Most of the maggots grew up and begame blowflies on LiveJournal.

Now, there's just us crusty old maggots left, chewing on newsgroup
jerky.

And nothing makes newsgroup jerky like a rec.arts group.
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
How am I posting to it if it is so dead?
That I can't explain.
Post by Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj>
Can anyone else who
has seen this comment explain it to me?
My guess is, the comment was the work of a blowfly, doing what
blowflies do best.

C&J